Coronavirus Update - Impact on practice procedures.
Following the government's advice for Primary Care, like all other GP practices, Kinmylies has changed some of our routine procedures:
- Prescriptions can no longer be collected from the practice. All scripts will be sent to a pharmacy for processing. Wherever possible, please complete your prescription request online. However, please note that you can still drop off your prescription request in the relevant box in the practice entrance hallway.
- All routine appointments have been suspended for the foreseeable future. If you call and ask for an appointment, the reception team will take your details and ask a doctor or a nurse to call you back to discuss your request.
- When you speak to the reception team you will be asked 3 questions about your recent travel, any contact you may have had with a confirmed case of Covid-19 and whether you have any flu symptoms, especially a recent cough and/or a high temperature.
- Only patients with an appointment which has been confirmed by a clinician will be able to enter the building.
- Even if a patient has an appointment, they must only attend if they have NO NEW flu like symptoms. It will be treated as an extremely serious matter if you attend an appointment having concealed a cough and or a high temperature.
- To get up to date information on the virus and what to do please refer to www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus or call 0800 028 2816