**UPDATE - GET A RECORD OF YOUR CORONAVIRUS VACCINATION STATUS***
A service that allows people travelling abroad to access their record of vaccination status themselves has launched. A vaccination status letter can be downloaded or requested in the post via a freephone helpline. Only those planning to travel to a county or territory where a record of vaccination status is needed as an entry requirement should download the letter or request it. You should only access your record if you are planning to travel within 21 days and it is a requirement of the destination.
The measures are intended to ease the burden on the NHS by removing the need for patients to ask their GP for a status record. As Scotland's vaccination programme progresses, vaccination status will be replaced by digital Covid Status Certificates, which will include vaccination and testing data to be used for outbound international travel.
You will be able access your Covid-19 Vaccine Status online, by logging on to www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status
It is unlikely that you will have a username and password to login in which case you will need to 'phone the helpline number.
The Freephone Covid Status Helpline will allow patients to get the record posted to them. They can be contacted on 0808 196 8565.
Covid Vaccine Update - The Covid vaccinations will shortly begin at the practice. The order in which people will be offered the vaccine is based on advice from the Scottish Govt and you will be contacted at the appropriate time therefore no need to call or contact the practice. However, should you have any queries about the vaccine go to www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine.
Impact on practice procedures.
Following the government's advice for Primary Care, like all other GP practices, Kinmylies has changed some of our routine procedures:
- Prescriptions can no longer be collected from the practice. All scripts will be sent to a pharmacy for processing. Wherever possible, please complete your prescription request online. However, please note that you can still drop off your prescription request in the relevant box in the practice entrance outer door..
- All routine appointments have been suspended for the foreseeable future. If you call and ask for an appointment, the reception team will take your details and ask a doctor or a nurse to call you back to discuss your request.
- When you speak to the reception team you will be asked 3 questions about your recent travel, any contact you may have had with a confirmed case of Covid-19 and whether you have any flu symptoms, especially a recent cough and/or a high temperature, loss of taste/smell.
- Only patients with an appointment which has been confirmed by a clinician will be able to enter the building.
- Even if a patient has an appointment, they must only attend if they have NO NEW flu like symptoms. It will be treated as an extremely serious matter if you attend an appointment having concealed a cough and or a high temperature or a loss of taste/smell.
- To get up to date information on the virus and what to do please refer to www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus or call 0800 028 2816