Welcome to Kinmylies Medical Practice
Kinmylies will be closed for the public holiday, Good Friday, on 10th April so please call 111 if you need any advice or an appointment
Coronavirus Update - Impact on practice procedures.
Following the government's advice for Primary Care, like all other GP practices, Kinmylies has changed some of our routine procedures:
- Prescriptions can no longer be collected from the practice. All scripts will be sent to a pharmacy for processing. Wherever possible, please complete your prescription request online. However, please note that you can still drop off your prescription request in the relevant box in the practice entrance hallway.
- All routine appointments have been suspended for the foreseeable future. If you call and ask for an appointment, the reception team will take your details and ask a doctor or a nurse to call you back to discuss your request.
- When you speak to the reception team you will be asked 3 questions about your recent travel, any contact you may have had with a confirmed case of Covid-19 and whether you have any flu symptoms, especially a recent cough and/or a high temperature.
- Only patients with an appointment which has been confirmed by a clinician will be able to enter the building.
- Even if a patient has an appointment, they must only attend if they have NO NEW flu like symptoms. It will be treated as an extremely serious matter if you attend an appointment having concealed a cough and or a high temperature.
- To get up to date information on the virus and what to do please refer to www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus or call 0800 028 2816
Kinmylies Medical Practice is situated on the western side of Inverness and serves the whole city. The practice has two full time partners, Dr Stuart Smith and Dr Liz Picton. The practice has a manager, six receptionists, a Health Care assistant and a practice nurse.
We offer a full range of primary care services including chronic disease management, family planning and minor surgery. In addition, we host clinics held by our community midwife. We work closely with the district nurses and health visitors and have access to the usual community-based services. The practice is open from 0800 until 1800 on weekdays and we also offer one evening surgery per fortnight.
We aim to provide the very highest standard of care to our patients within an effective, efficient, well-managed and friendly small practice. Above all, we value continuity of care. We welcome feedback and suggestions from our patients.
Prescriptions can now be ordered online. Please click on the 'prescriptions' link at the top of the page to access the order form.
If you require emergency medical treatment when we are closed please telephone NHS 24 by dialling 111.
Link to NHS24 website http://www.nhs24.com/
Click here to view the Kinmylies Practice Boundary